- do not apply or co-sign for any new loan or line of credit. Any new debt will count against your ability to qualify for your home loan.
- No big purchases – whether on credit or from savings. You need to have cash in the bank as well as keeping your credit report clean. Save the new appliances & new furniture for after closing.
- Make ALL credit card and loan payments on time in the year leading up to your home purchase.
- Don’t spend your savings! Lenders like you to have a few months of reserves in the bank just in case.
- Keep your job! Even if you change within the industry, starting a new job right before closing can mean you won’t qualify for the loan for several months. If a job change is inevitable, try to time it after closing.
If you have questions about the process, give us a call! We will answer what we can, and we can introduce you to several local lenders to help you get the process going!
𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐈𝐧𝐜.
𝟗𝟕𝟎-𝟗𝟖𝟓-𝟗𝟒𝟑𝟐 | 𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐨@𝐍𝐇𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐉.𝐜𝐨𝐦