When you decide to look for a new home, and contact a Real Estate Agent, they will ask if you already have a Buyer’s Agency Agreement with another agent. What does this even mean?
In the state of Colorado, Dual Agency is illegal – this means that a single agent cannot be both a Buyer’s Agent AND a Seller’s Agent on the same transaction. In Colorado, you have 3 choices – hire a Buyer’s Agent, Work with a Transaction Broker, or become a Customer to the Seller’s Agent.
So why do you want to hire a Buyer’s Agent?
YOUR INTERESTS ARE PROFESSIONALLY REPRESENTED
Enlisting the services of a professional Buyer’s Agent is similar to using an accountant to help you with your taxes, a doctor to help you with your health care, or a mechanic to with you with your car. If you had the time to devote to learning everything about accounting, medicine, and automotive mechanics, you could do these services yourself. But who has the time? This is why you allow other professionals to help you in their specific areas of expertise.
We let you concentrate on your full-time job, while we do our job. We guide you through the home- buying process and exclusively represent your interests as we help you find a home, present your contract offer, guide you, negotiate and close on your home!
YOU GET A PERSONAL SPECIALIST WHO KNOWS YOUR NEEDS
Just as your accountant, doctor, and mechanic understand your specific needs, your Buyer’s Agent gets to know your real estate needs and concerns. This type of relationship is built through open communication at all times. Your Buyer’s Agent will save you a lot of money, time and headache as they take care of the major lifting of the transaction.
YOU WILL QUICKLY AND CONVENIENTLY GET A GREAT HOME
The advantage to signing a Buyer’s Agency Agreement with us is that you will have professional agents working to find and secure the ideal home for you. It’s nearly impossible to find a home that meets your needs, present an offer, negotiate price and terms, get a contract signed that represents your interests, have an inspection and in some cases, renegotiate after certain findings during due diligence and close the transaction without an experienced agent. You won’t need to spend endless evenings and weekends driving around looking for homes or trying to search computer networks by yourself. When you tour homes with your professional Buyer’s Agent, you will already know that the homes meet your criteria and are within your price range.
WHAT IS THE BUYER’S AGENCY AGREEMENT?
Entering into a Buyer’s Agency Agreement has countless advantages. When you sign the agreement, you are simply agreeing to “hire” a personal representative who, by law, must represent your best interests to the best of his/her ability. All of this personal service is available at absolutely NO COST TO YOU! The Seller’s Agent is typically responsible for paying your Buyer’s Agent fee. With us, you get professional agents devoted to protecting your needs and to helping you make one of the most important investment decisions of your life – and you don’t even have to pay the fee!
UNDERSTANDING AGENCY – WHO WORKS FOR WHOM?
SELLER AGENCY (SINGLE AGENCY)
- Agent will represent the best interests of the seller.
- Agent will owe the seller fiduciary duties.
- Agent must give the seller all material facts, so the seller can make an educated decision.
BUYER AGENCY (SINGLE AGENCY)
- Agent will represent the best interests of the buyer.
- Agent will owe the buyer fiduciary duties.
- Agent must give the buyer all material facts, so the buyer can make an educated decision.
TRANSACTION BROKER (DUAL AGENCY)
- Agent represents both the buyer and the seller equally.
- Agent’s objective is to get a mutually satisfactory agreement among all parties.
- Agent gives all options to the buyer and the seller.
- Depending on the local market, all parties may be present at contract presentation to negotiate on their own behalf.
- All parties have confidentiality. Agent may do nothing to the detriment of either the buyer and the seller.
- Both the buyer and the seller have a right to counsel. Before making any decisions, both parties have the right to seek family, religious, legal, or financial counsel.
WE GUIDE AND REPRESENT YOU THROUGH THE PROCESS
Here are some key pieces to the Real Estate Transaction Process. We guide you through every step and work hard to ensure you’re represented and taken care of through every part of the home buying process.
As a licensed real estate professional, we provide more than the service of helping you find your ideal home. REALTORS® are expert neighbors with other agents, seasoned financial advisors with clients, and superb navigators around the local neighborhood. REALTORS® are members of the National Association of REALTORS (NAR) and must abide by a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice enforced by the NAR. A professional REALTOR® is your best resource when buying a home.
LET US BE YOUR GUIDE –
- As knowledgeable REALTORS® we can save you endless amounts of time, money and stress.
- As knowledgeable REALTORS® we know the housing market inside and out and can help you avoid the “wild goose chase.”
- As knowledgeable REALTORS® we can help you with any home, even if it is listed elsewhere or if it is being sold directly by the owner (FSBO).
- As knowledgeable REALTORS® we know the best lenders in the area and can help you understand the importance of being pre-approved for a mortgage. We can also discuss down payments, closing costs, and monthly payment options that suit your transaction and needs.
- As knowledgeable REALTORS® we are experienced at presenting your best offer to the homeowner and can help you through the process of negotiating the best price. We bring objectivity to the buying transaction, and we can point out the advantages and the disadvantages of a particular property.
And the best thing about hiring us as your REALTORS® is that all this help normally won’t cost you a cent.
Typically, the seller pays the commission to the REALTORS®.
At New Horizons Development, both of our agents have been trained to be a Buyer’s Agent! Call us today to help you find the home of your dreams in the Grand Valley!